Search This Blog

Friday 16 April 2010

Dolemite, mutha'fucka', ya heard'er!

A friend of mine introduced me to the legendary Rudy Ray Moore about a year ago. Before this I`d seen the trailer for the Human Tornadoe on the Grindhouse Trailer Classics DVD but didn`t really know who he was however, I know I liked what I saw.


"I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene!"

Since then I`ve searched out little tidbits of info on the man and sourced out his music, films and quotes, the man was a jive talking, ass kicking, lady loving sex machine and it is a shame he is no longer with us.


"Damn! Looks like my women is on time"

His movies include : Dolemite, The Human Tornado, Monkey Hustle, Petey Wheatstraw, Disco Godfather, Rude, B A P S, Penitentiary II, Legend of Dolemite, and more and he generally played the same character in all his movies, his own creation Dolemite.







He has also released records and has worked with the likes of Snoop Dogg, Big Daddy Kane, Insane Clown Posse and Blowfly.






Many say Rudy was an inspiration on the hip hop and black power movements of the late 70`s and early 80`s with many artists citing him as a major influence.


"Dolemite, mutha'fucka', ya heard'er! "

Dolemite you are sadly missed.



"I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motha fuckas is my game! "

No comments:

Post a Comment